I've actually got my hands on an Official Rite Aid Coupon Policy. You can download a copy of it to keep with you if you have any troubles. I’m sure the cashiers will love you when you whip it out to prove they are wrong!
Here is what says:
To Our Valued Customers:
Rite Aid gladly accepts manufacturer coupons, Rite Aid coupons and certain Internet/Print at Home coupons in all stores as detailed in these coupon acceptance guidelines:
- Rite Aid accepts manufacturer coupons and Rite Aid coupons for the purchase of a single item. However, no coupon’s redemption amount can ever exceed the price of the item.
- Only one manufacturer coupon is accepted for each product, unless coupled with another manufacturer coupon found in a Rite Aid circular
- Rite Aid may accept multiple identical coupons for multiple qualifying items as long as there is sufficient stock to satisfy other customers within the store manager’s sole discretion.
- Rite Aid reserves the right to limit bulk purchases of items if the purchase will deplete our supply for other customers.Buy One, Get One Free Coupons
- When items are featured on a Buy One, Get One Free promotion, up to two coupons can be used against the items being purchased, as long as the net price does not go below zero for the item being purchased.
- If a customer presents a Buy One Get One Free coupon for the purchase of two items that are on a Buy One Get One Free promotion; we accept the coupon, essentially making both items free.
- Be advised that the cash register will compute any sales tax due, which sales tax varies and is defined by applicable state law.Internet/Print at Home Coupons
- Rite Aid only accepts coupons printed off the internet from manufacturer’s websites, emails and coupon websites up to a maximum of $5.00 off per item as long as the coupon redemption amount never exceeds the price of the item.
- Rite Aid coupons are not considered internet/print at home coupons, even when they are printed from an internet site or an email, and therefore these coupons only are not subject to the $5.00 limit.Total Purchase Coupons
- From time to time, Rite Aid may feature total purchase coupons which discount the total purchase amount based upon meeting specific requirements. For example, $5 off a $25 purchase price threshold coupon.
- Any manufacturer coupons that may be presented with a total purchase coupon will be deducted after the purchase total has been determined.
- Rite Aid may accept more than one total purchase coupon as long as each total purchase coupon is used in separate transactions with each transaction meeting the minimum purchase requirements. Rite Aid reserves the right to limit the number of total purchase coupons that may be used by a customer in a single day.Sale Items
- Rite Aid will accept coupons for an item that is on sale.
- In the event that any item’s selling price is less than the value of the coupon, Rite Aid will only accept the coupon in exchange for the selling price of the item. Coupon redemption can never exceed the selling price of an item and no cash back is ever provided in exchange for any coupons.General
Coupons and their face value cannot be exchanged for cash
Competitor coupons are never accepted at Rite Aid